RACE BRAKES 30 DAY RIGHT OF RETURN POLICY
While the Consumer Guarantee Act and Fair Trading Act provide the basis for our returns policy, we go a bit better than that:
If you're not 100% completely satisfied with your purchase we will happily accept your return and provide you with a store credit or a full refund to the value of the product's purchase price. With our 30-day right of return policy there are no special catches it's extremely simple! All we ask is that you return the item back to us unused and in the original packaging, making sure that the product is in the same condition as you received it in, tags still intact. Race Brakes Gift Cards are not redeemable for cash or refundable.
We reserve the right to charge you a 10% restocking fee on all returns
NOTE: These products are still guaranteed under the Consumers Guarantees Act.
If you want to exchange something on your order for something else then simply return what you don’t want and place a new order for what you require on our website. Alternatively, you can exchange some products in store as per below.
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
Bring the product to our showroom in Penrose with proof of purchase for an exchange or refund. If the product was purchased online, cash refunds cannot be done in store. Staff will happily arrange this for you and it will be processed within 2-3 business days. Please note that if exchanging a product, we may not have the item you want in stock, but we can pre-order something in for you from our suppliers.
SENDING IT BACK TO US
1: Get in touch with us either by phone or email and explain you are wishing to return a product
2: Using a good carton, return package via insured Courier Post or any courier service of your choice (please do not send to our PO Box.
3: Send returns to:
34 Olive Road,
4: Keep a record of your shipment until you have received credit or refund.
FAIR TRADING ACT 1986
The Fair Trading Act is designed to protect the customer being misled, either intentionally or unintentionally. This applies to all aspects of the promotion and sale of goods and services including: pricing; where the product was made; where the product is from; the meeting of New Zealand safety standards; availability of products in store and the sales techniques used. The Commerce Commission enforces the Fair Trading Act 1986.
Please contact sales team 09 579 0113 or email us at email@example.com if you want to return a product for reasons that you believe are covered by either of these two Acts. After we have assessed your claim for a return there are three options available for our customers:
- Refund - A refund will be made in the same tender as the original purchase. Please note that purchases made by cheque need 7 days to clear before we can refund
- Credit Note - The issuing of a store credit notes provides an alternative to a refund. These credit notes can be used to purchase anything from our store but has to be done over the phone or email - it cannot be done online. Credit notes can not be exchanged for cash.
- Repair or replace - If the returned product is still under warranty then the repair or replacement will be at our expense. If the product is out of warranty, then we can still have the product repaired, however, the cost of the repair will be charged to the customer. In some cases we may not be able to repair or replace your product due to availability or discontinuation of that particular line.
When we pre-order goods for you, these orders are then placed with our suppliers and are essentially backordered for you. These items are not common products we sell and we must receive a 20% deposit to secure these items.
TERM'S & CONDITIONS
- Minimum 20% deposit
- Balance to be paid when the goods arrive
- A restocking fee of 20% will be taken for all laybys cancelled after 4 weeks and can only be cancelled if the goods have not be shipped from our suppliers